The objectives of the Federation are:
- To represent the members of the Federation
- To facilitate contacts between its members and to reinforce the bonds of fellowship which should unite all the members of a single industry, throughout the whole of the various countries of Europe and with other Federations/Associations throughout the world.
- To research jointly the solutions to be applied to the problems which present themselves to the Brush industry, on both the economic and the social fronts.
- To promote all initiatives which may encourage the development of the Brush Industry
- To present and support resolutions adopted unanimously by the Countries represented before the International Organisations and also, via the Trade Organisations for specific member companies of the Federation, and in this latter case until the formation of a National Association, before the governments of each Country;
- Through its support or by any other means, to promote all Trade or General organisations whose objectives are scientific, economic and social research, to centralise and disseminate documentation of general or specific interest to the trade, and to promote and support all research and studies concerning the trade;
- To endeavour to resolve any difficulties which may arise between the members of the Federation and to reconcile the parties.